We found this on Sailing Anarchy. Click on the photo to enlarge. This is a picture taken of a wave crashing against the north pier at St. Joseph, MI last Wednesday, March 8 near sunset. For the fact junkies out there, the wind blew 40 knots, gusting 60 from the west with a fetch of only 51nm. The brown in the wave is sand pulled up from a depth of 20 feet. The lighthouse seen is 57 feet high with a rear range light at 53 feet. The 36 foot tall front range and light at the end of the pier can not be seen. Lake Michigan ain’t a place for wimpy sailors!
2017 Race Schedule
- May 25th Pratice Race
- Series begins Thursday, June 1 and continues throughout the season on Thursday Evenings
- Series ends Sunday September 17 (1 race). Warning 11:00am, first start 11:05am, wind permitting.
- All or One races are scheduled for June 10, July 8, August 5, and September 9, and September 23 (possible make-up race)
- Patio Parties following racing are scheduled for June 29, August 3, and September 7.
- The race awards banquet will be November 11.