We found this on Sailing Anarchy. Click on the photo to enlarge. This is a picture taken of a wave crashing against the north pier at St. Joseph, MI last Wednesday, March 8 near sunset. For the fact junkies out there, the wind blew 40 knots, gusting 60 from the west with a fetch of only 51nm. The brown in the wave is sand pulled up from a depth of 20 feet. The lighthouse seen is 57 feet high with a rear range light at 53 feet. The 36 foot tall front range and light at the end of the pier can not be seen. Lake Michigan ain’t a place for wimpy sailors!
- When: Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Description; This will be a two-race regatta, featuring an Olympic racecourse. An Olympic course has upwind / downwind and reaching legs. Races will take place near the green can just northeast of the Waukegan south harbor entrance. This will give racers the opportunity to have different points of sail with reaching legs combined with the more traditional windward / leeward legs. The combined scores of both races will determine the Octoberfest Regatta podium.
- Where: The skippers meeting will be held at the Waukegan Yacht Club at 9:00am. You will register your boat during the skippers meeting. The sailing instructions will be published and distributed at the skippers meeting.
- Entree Fee: $15.00
- Post Race Party: All are welcome! Immediately following the conclusion of racing there will be a terrific Octoberfest themed party at the Waukegan Yacht Club. Bring your boat over to the wall at Waukegan Yacht Club and walk right in! Or park your boat in your slip and walk over. You can pre-order your discounted food and drink tickets by using this link: https://
- We will have the Octoberfest Regatta awards presentation during the Octoberfest party right after racing concludes!